From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VEE

I am looking for a object in Labview like "gate" object in VEE.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,504 Views)
Since the number of VEE users is pretty small in the first place and the number of LabVIEW users that have experience with it is even smaller, can you explain to all of us LabVIEW users what the gate object is?
Message 2 of 5
(2,504 Views)
I am a VEE user and just started to learn LV.(fortunately we are going to take a course : )) The problem that i do not overcome with LV is quite simple in VEE using "gate" object.I have attached a LV code named UDP.vi. You see what i want to do is more clearly. Regards.

As for gate:

An object that passes the input data to the data output pin when the sequence in pin is activated.

Use
----

Use Gate to hold the container until another action occurs (and activates the sequence input pin).

Notes
-----

If the sequence input pin is not connected, there is no "holdoff" effect. Therefore, Gate passes the data from data input pin to data output pin whenever the data input pin is activated.
The data that flows into Gate is not stored; the conta
iner on the data input pin is the container output when the sequence input pin is activated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,504 Views)
LV does not have a gate object like VEE, but what you want done is quite simple in LV. Take a look at the attached revised code.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,504 Views)
Great!Works fine!Thanks for your comments and revised code. Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,504 Views)