LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI to LV, LV to .exe, and TCP server is not responding

Hello every NI maniacs 🙂
I've just written my first project in VBAI, which has only one function (based on built-in TCP/IP server) and sending one simple string to client (based on same PC machine).
I' ve migrated Inspection to Labview and everything was fine (proper comunication) until that moment. When i tried to compile it and make it as a standalone program there is no app.exe server visible to other client.
Working with LV2017, VAQ, VDM...
What Have I Forgotten? Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,473 Views)

Is the exe allowed through the firewall?

Try starting it as administrator might help too, although it shouldn't.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,437 Views)

Often when you build an exe, the paths may be different. Try putting error checking around where the TCP Server is started to see if any errors occur. Also if VIs are called dynamically, they may not be pulled into your exe unless you explicitly declare them, so make sure any dynamically called VIs are part of your exe. Another option is to use the VBAI API to launch a local VBAI engine, load an inspection, and run it, get images, and results, etc. This will definitely work when built into an exe since it doesn't have the same kind of dynamic calls and static files that may change location when built into an exe.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,426 Views)

Well, there is another strange thing. I've added to my vbai project one more function - sending from VBAI  (over tcp/ip) string  to another app (Windows terminal "Hercules")which is acting as server. That solution works after compilation but not completely. So, in that case: vbai is acting properly as a client and doesn't  work properly as server.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,413 Views)