LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the property node as an accessor ignores error handling

I'm not sure if this is expected behavior or not but lets say I specify in my accessor that I'm going to ignore all errors like this:

Ignore errors.png

Now when I use my accessor like this

Use accessor.PNG

I would expect level to be 8 at the end because each time it ignores the error and above code runs. But that is not what happens, the first VI runs but the second doesn't and the object has a level of 7. I thought using the property node accessor and the subVI accessor were the same. Why is the latter disregarding my error handling mechanisms?

CLED (2016)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,655 Views)

InfiniteNothing wrote:

But that is not what happens, the first VI runs but the second doesn't and the object has a level of 8.

That sounds like it worked fine to me (you got the output you expected).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,651 Views)

Good catch. I meant it ends up 7.

CLED (2016)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,642 Views)

Then I would say it in fact does operate as expected.  No p-node executes with incomming error.  The only caveat to that is "ignore errors inside node" where if an error occurs in one property access, subsequent properties may still try (but, it still won't execute with incomming error.)  Breaking that "No p-node executes with incomming error" paradigm would probably confuse the snot out of most developers and make debugging a nightmare.  Especially if the Class was locked! Smiley Surprised

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,632 Views)