LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Intensity Graph with NI-DAQ 6008 to display changes (a differential) in mV from a sensor...

Hello,

I am using a USB 6008 NI-DAQ, and a 4-node pressure sensor, whose nodes change between 70 to 30mV between no pressure and full pressure respectively. I would like to have a 4-quadrant intensity chart that, based on the voltage change, will display a faint to vibrant red (depending on the amount of [negative] change in millivolts, mV). Can this be done? Please advise.

Macarius
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,653 Views)
Hey Macarius,
       It can be done!  Just check out the Intensity Chart examples that come with LabVIEW and are located in the Example Finder.  The specific one that should help is named "Create IntGraph Color Table.vi"  In this example, you can change the color table for the intensity graph to be whatever you would like. 
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,636 Views)
Ok that was a helpful, but not quite what i'm looking for...

i'm looking to display the intensity (or amount of change) of waveform that has a constant frequency (the intensity graphs are based on frequency changes)...so basically the intensity chart is based on time and amplitude...also i wanted to have a four intensity charts on the same display or just one that displayed all four sensor's pressure measurements (the voltage drops as pressure is applied...the pressure sensor uses micro-fluidic channels)...is there any help someone can give me that will assist in my endeavor...much appreciated labview engineers..

|____ | ____|

Macarius
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,631 Views)
Hey macarius,
        I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand the desired behavior.  What is changing that will cause the changes in the intensity chart?  Also, are you saying you want multiple plots on the same intensity chart? 
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,597 Views)
if you read what i posted, it might've been a bit unclear but i stated that i wanted a graph displaying the change in amplitude of a waveform versus time...amplitude can only mean one thing...the intensity graph would therefore display the color of the input voltage signal with respect to the previous values...if drastic change occurs red if none black....medium change blue or yellow...get the idea...i am looking for a solution like this...any ideas?

thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,589 Views)
Hey macarius,
           Ok, I understand now.  The closest thing I have been able to find thus far is this developer's zone article that has two colors on the same plot.  I hope this gets you close to completing your application.  Keep us posted!!

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(2,573 Views)
Closer...I like this example. Still I am looking for something similar to the intensity chart, but for voltage amplitude vesus time instead of frequency vs time....

Your help is appreciated thus far...I am trying to manipulate several VIs right now, but with little success...let me know if you come up with anything.

Mac
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,567 Views)