From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Gain Tuning Panel (SoftMotion Module) - AKD Servo drive

Hello,  
I'm trying to setup an AKD servo drive with NI Soft-motion. 
Through Kollmorgen Workbench, I've set the drive in Velocity mode & chose the Ethercat option.

Once I right-click the axis in the Project Explorer window, Gain Tuning Panel isn't visible.  Image attached.

I think there could be some settings thats not letting me to view this.

If anyone has faced similar issues, Please help.      

Thanks in Advance..Smiley Happy

Regards,
Jyots 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,332 Views)

The easiest way to use the EtherCAT AKD with SoftMotion is to handle all tuning parameters through Kollmorgen WorkBench. By default, SoftMotion uses the tuning parameters stored on the drive, so there is no need for tuning through SoftMotion. Whether in Profile Velocity mode (using the axis's Write Velocity Setpoint method) or Cyclic Synchronous Position mode (when using normal SoftMotion position moves), SoftMotion is sending setpoints to the drive, and it is taking care of the control loops.

To answer your question directly: there is no Gain Tuning Panel option available with EtherCAT axes. Only 950x and 951x modules are usable with the Gain Tuning Panel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,316 Views)

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply.

As you told, I'm using the axis' Write Velocity Setpoint method to send command to the drive, to which the drive responds at once. Image attached.

Here I was trying to make a smooth curve response.

Regards,

Jyots

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)