From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mouse to return waveformgraph coordenates

Hello !!!

I am using labview 8.0 and I would like to show the coordenates of a waveform graph in a label when the user moves the cursor into it, otherwise show nothing, is there anyway to do that ???  I would be very grateful if someone could help by sending a vi if it's possible or a pic of how to do it!!!

Thanks a lot !!!!!!

G.R.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,696 Views)

Which coordinates are you referring to? Do you mean the pixel coordinates, or the XY values of a point that's plotted that happens to be below the cursor?

Either way, you want to respond to the MouseMove event as shown in the attached example. Perhaps you want a cursor instead?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,680 Views)

Hi!!

Thanks for the help, but... it would be possible without the cursor ??? just the mouse movemente ???? because in my graph I have to plot 3 different vectors ...

Thanks!!

G.R.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,668 Views)
ps: it's also possible to renitializa (show ceros or blank) if you are not in the graph ????
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Guillermo Rigal wrote:
Thanks for the help, but... it would be possible without the cursor ??? just the mouse movemente ???? because in my graph I have to plot 3 different vectors ...

The example I put together displays the results for both the mouse move as well as using a cursor. If you move the mouse around on the graph the indicators on the right will update. It wasn't clear exactly what you wanted.

ps: it's also possible to renitializa (show ceros or blank) if you are not in the graph ????

Again, it's not clear what you are referring to: i.e., whether you're talking about the pixel coordinates, or the XY values, or to a specific point on the plot. For instance, if the cursor is on the plot line, but not on a specific plot point, what should the indicators display?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,664 Views)