cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using labview to control a BLE dongle to connect with a BLE device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I am new to BLE but I am trying to use Labview to control a commerically available BLE dongle (Bluegiga BLED 112). My objective is to connect this dongle to a BLE device device and the extract some communication data (like connection interval, data throughput and latency etc). Can you please suggest me what could be a good starting point to achieve this? There is a BLE API developed by the the dongle manufacturer Bluegiga but I am not sure how to access it from Labview. Any guidance on how I should proceed will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Amit  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,496 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mitt1992

I would start by taking a look at the available documentation at the manufacturer's website: BLED112 Bluetooth Smart Dongle.

In particular, the SDK (Bluetooth Smart Software API Reference Manual for BLE Version 1.5) and perhaps the scripting guide (UG209: BGSCRIPT Scripting Language Developer Guide).

Unfortunately, you need to login to open any of these, and I don't want to register for a product I don't have.

You want to find a list of commands that the device will accept, preferably returning the information you want (interval, throughput, latency etc). Then you can work out how to get LabVIEW to interface with that.

Let us know what the interface is and we can take a look at the LabVIEW side.

GCentral
Message 2 of 4
(3,447 Views)

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,411 Views)

You can get bleuIO dongle. its a bluetooth low energy dongle supports windows,mac,linux.

You can have a look into this article . it scan and connects to dongle also get data from other bluetooth device and show it on web browser.

https://www.bleuio.com/blog/details.php?id=942&title=Plotting-real-time-graph-from-Bluetooth-5.0-dev...

https://www.bleuio.com/blog/details.php?id=949&title=Sending-and-receiving-data-between-two-Bleutoot...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,081 Views)