LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using event structures in a tab...

Hello,

I have a program that has four tabs connected to a case structure, and within one of the cases, I have an event structure. The event structure triggers on a button within the tab. There are also buttons in other tabs. When I run the program, the button within the event structure works as expected, but the other buttons don't work. I'm probably missing something very basic about using event structures with tabs...can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
Kasey
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,671 Views)
It is a common misconception that tab structures need a case structure on the diagram to keep the universe in balance. This is wrong!

Remove your case structure and don't even look at the tab terminal on the diagram. You don't need it. In this case, a tab control is just a way to more logically organize the front panel.

To fully understand what your problem is, run while looking at the block diagram with execution highlighting. Putting an event structure inside a case seems like a very bad idea in general, but please post your code so we can see where it sticks.
Message 2 of 3
(2,663 Views)
Thanks. That explains it. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,639 Views)