From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using continous scan, how do I buffer enough samples (400MB or 2 seconds of data) for a write to file.

I am using the PCI-4552 DAQ card as a spectrum analyzer. We want to trigger the write on an event (set amplitude at set frequency) then write the data in the buffer to a spreadsheet file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,327 Views)
I'll assume LabView here, and I've never used the C-Scan vi, but I have an (educated) guess.

It would likely be a matter of calculating the correct number of scans to hold in a buffer, since LabView sets buffers according to number of scans, not time or physical size. If each scan is so many bytes of data, and you want to hold 400 MB of data, then its trivial to figure out how many scans that is. Then wire the said number of scans to the buffer size input of the C-Scan vi. You'll likely have to change the number of scans to read as well, if you're generating data that fast. And of course, you'll be needing plenty of RAM.

M. J. Eggertson
Department of Chemistry
University of Washington
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,327 Views)