From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using comparison operators to solve several different mathematical expressions is not clear

Though I found LabVIEW very interesting , still some of its basic fundamentals are not clear, like using comparison operators (>,<,..) for solving different

mathematical expressions. Please give example showing how to use such operators in advanced mathematical problems.

Best Regards,

Allawi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,416 Views)

Open the example finder (help...find examples) and look e.g. at the example named "Greater - Various uses.vi"

Please aks again if anything is not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,413 Views)

The Greater-Various Uses.vi example shows how the function operating with different types of data. What I am looking for is how to use such functions

in selecting different mathematical expressions i.e..(working like logical if statement).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,406 Views)

@allawi1 wrote:

What I am looking for is how to use such functions in selecting different mathematical expressions i.e..(working like logical if statement).

You need to be more specific. A comparison operation IS like a logical IF statement and the result is either TRUE or FALSE.

What do you mean by a "mathematical expression"? What do you mean by "different"? Can you give an illustrative example?

If two alternative mathematical expressions should depend on the comparison, wire the comparison output to a case structure and place the two different expressions in their own case, for example.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,400 Views)

The following is what I mean:-

If X >= CONSTANT then solve EQUATION 1  else solve EQUATION 2.

Please construct a block diagram for this simple IF "logical" statement using comparisons functions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,385 Views)

Have you worked through the on-line tutorials for LabVIEW? Your question is very elementary and should be covered by those tutorials.

Lynn

Comparisons.png

Message 6 of 6
(2,379 Views)