cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using cluster values in a formula?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble trying to use the after unbundle values from a cluster into a formula. That cluster is to colect and validate the user's values. After it, i will need those values to insert in a formula, but the formula does not recognize the values. Any sugestions for this? It's asking me to change the input to output, how do i do that?

Thanks all in advance,

TN

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,707 Views)
Can you post an image (not bmp!) of your code?
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,704 Views)

The prob might be cause of the structures...but i don't know for sure.

Thanks

TN

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,700 Views)
I suspect that the problem is that you have been using sequence structures, where wiring a value to the edge allows reading it on the next "frame". This doesn't work with event structures or other case structures, where wiring to the edge creates an output node for all the "pages" of the case. To read it on another page the common technique is to create a shift register on the loop surrounding the case/event structure, pass the changed value into the right hand connection, this value will then be available on the next iteration of the loop, or when the event structure "fires" next, on the left hand terminal.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,676 Views)

Thanks Putnam for your reply, but i tried to wire it to a new shift register and it's still not working...any other clue? 

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,659 Views)

I'm still not used to LabView, so it might me more easy if i attach my VI here. Tell me if you want it and have time to check it.

TN

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,656 Views)

TN,

Please post your VI.  Include typical data if appropriate and indicate where the problem is.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,647 Views)
If it's not working, then you wired the shift register incorrectly. My guess is that you did not wire it through every event.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,636 Views)

If it is an Event Structure, then you can simply use the element from the cluster directly to output to the Graph input, just like the 1st diagram.

When this event is called, it will then pass the cluster value to the Graph.

DOK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,633 Views)

I will attach my VI. The problem is using the values from cluster to the formulas. I will send it with the error.

Thanks all in advance.

TN
Currently using LV 8.5
logo
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,630 Views)