LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using both channels of my 6623A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey there, I am looking for some help reguarding a HP 6623A DC power supply, using Labview 9.. I am working on a project where I need to control all 3 channels of the power supply and switch back and fourth to alter their outputs. I have tried altering their example code but it will only set 1 channel and clear the other. I can't seem to get both running simultaneously. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,487 Views)

All you have to do is supply the channel number to control the other channels.  How is you main program set up?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,478 Views)

Here is what I have so far, please ignore the fact that I just started using labview a few days ago. I think it has something to do with the structure of the program but not sure how I can fix it as Labview is quite overwhelming with it's set of tools.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tonyc_fla

Ok, let's take a step back.

You are controlling a single instrument.  Therefore, you shoud only have 1 resource that is initialized once and closed once.  You should do the initialization before your loop and close after the loop.

What I would recommend here is that you use an Event Structure for controlling when you send commands.  The idea here is that you only send the commands when your settings actually change.  You can use the timeout case to perform the readings.

And since you claim you are brand new, here are some tutorials that you may find helpful.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,459 Views)