From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an NI-9401 to read Angular Position and to trigger an AI Read

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am writing some software to graph load vs. angle and to monitor when buttons are pressed.  The software alows all DAQ lines to be configured so that multiple DAQ setups can be used.

Currently, I can use my NI-9411 to read angular position from my quadurature encoder, and to trigger an analog reading from my load input (Measured with an NI-9219 or 9237) on a rising edge of the A or B Input terminal.  Also, I can configure the software to do the same thing with a NI-6259 card.

My problem is that when I switch to an NI-9401 to read my counter task, I can no longer use the A or B input terminals to trigger my analog input.  I get error -200414 saying that the A input (PFI0) is an invalid clock source.

I know that the 9401 is configurable by nibble for input/output lines0:3 and 4:7, but how does that affect the ability route a PFI line as a trigger?

Measurement and Automation Explorer shows that this is an acceptable route from PFI0 to ai/StartTrigger and ai/SampleClock.

I have attached the section of my code that sets up the tasks and that is causing the error.  You take a look at it by going into the Utilities folder and opening the Create Tasks.vi.

I'm writing this in LabVIEW 2011.

Thanks for any advice,

Rob Afton

Test Lab Electrical Engineering Intern

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,311 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobAfton

Found my answer here if anyone else has the problem:

Link

0 Kudos