LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a 9074 cRIO chassis with LabVIEW 2015 (drivers missing?!)

Hello all,

I want to deploy a project originally made in LabVIEW 2012 on a cRIO 9074 unit.

I installed version 15 of labview since ni recommends this. I also installed the real-time module, fpga module and the rio drivers according to this page: http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EVALTLKTEMBDES/US

I included all support I could in the installation options.

I have connection (direct ethernet link) to the RIO in MAX and it seems to work fine. 

When I open the project in LabVIEW and mark the compact rio target the program tells me that "the plugin for the selected item is not installed on your system or the plugin has an expired license...". I'm sure I have a valid professional license and I think I installed the right things.

Anyone knows what to do?

I read somewhere that 2015 doesnt handle the 8-slot chassis (this one is 8-slot) but it was quite vague and I couldnt find any clear information on that.

I might add that I had the computer identifying and using the chassis just fine earlier, but with an older version of labview (and a student license, which wasnt enough for some of the tools needed for the project).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,760 Views)

The NI-RIO drivers on that page link to a version for LabVIEW 2014.  You'll want the 2015 version.  That's hosted here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-15.0/5363/en/

Install that and see if it resolves the problem you're running into.  If not, take a look at NI License Manager as it sounds like you're running into issues here as well.  Open up the tree for LabVIEW 2015 and drop down the Modules section.  Ensure the boxes are green rather than red. 

With this, you should be able to work with 2015.  The drivers you installed don't work with 2014 and it sounds like you need to activate the FPGA/RT Module.

Message 2 of 3
(2,732 Views)

Hi,

thanks for answering!

Driver version 15 solved it!

I thought the drivers I had were the correct ones since they were linked on the same list as the other software in the bundle. I also had tried different variations of labview versions, rio drivers 14.5 etc for many many hours. Somehow I missed this driver set 15.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,709 Views)