LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Xcontrols in the user defined express vi's

Hi All,

I am actually using a Xcontrol inside a user defined express that we develop. The xcontrol is working as expected when i use it in the standard vis. But when i use it in the express, simply it crashes the LabVIEW and i need to restart the LabVIEW again. I am worried with this.
                        I put break points in the Facade vi of the xcontrol to know what is happening. But, i am not able to debug as the configure vi comes infront as modal even though the Source, sub and the configure vi of the express was not been configured as modal.

How to solve this problem?
                    Is there any restriction in using xcontrol with express vi's?
                    I am refering the Express Tool Kit Manual.pdf. Is there any other documents to know about the operation of the express vi's?

Thanks,
Pandiarajan R
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,188 Views)

Hello Pandiarajan,

Since I didn't see it mentioned, I'm going to presume (hope) you're using 8.0.  In LabVIEW 8.0, certain parts of XControls ran in a different application instance than where the VI was.  This was a source of many issues related to XControls.  In your case, since Express VI configuration pages also run in a separate application instance (and a different one than the XControls), I suspect this is related to the problems you are seeing.  If this is the case, it may not be possible to use an XControl on the front panel of an Express VI config page in 8.0.

The resolution to many of these issues was to allow these XControl parts to run in the application instance of the VI whose front panel contains the XControl.  This fairly substantial change did not make it in until LabVIEW 8.2.

If you are already using LabVIEW 8.2, it may not be an easy issue to troubleshoot, but I'd like to help isolate this issue.  If you can simplify your XControl / Express VI into something that you could package and attach to this thread, I'd be willing to take a look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,175 Views)