From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USB-6008 to light up LED array(hardware)

I've created the coding to light up an array of LEDs at random, can someone teach me how to light up my hardware using the NI-USB6008 exactly as it lights up in the VI? thanks.

p.s: I've attached my VI and LED array schematic

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,147 Views)
Have you taken a look at the documentation? Page 21, to be specific. The USB-6008 digital lines are open-collector. This means you have to wire them up to sink current, meaning you will need an external power supply.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,143 Views)
may I know how to do that? I'm fairly new to electronics and LABView.. thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,134 Views)

Maybe it's wise to protect your outputs with some drivers :some I found , but they might not be the best suited... (they should be cheap (<.5$) and on Stock >1k at digikey just to give you an idea...

74as1034

74 11240

But since you want to start with electronics 

read Horowitz/Hill: The art of electronics (library?)

Now build your custom discrete transistor drivers...  

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,124 Views)

You can also get LEDs that only draw 2mA. They are not so bright, but then you do not have to use a driver only a resistor

Which country do live in. I you live in Europe I might give you a vendor

I know Agilent has such a series of LED

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,113 Views)