LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Two Different Targets Simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, to give the short version of my question: is to possible for a project to run two different targets simultaneously? (Specifically a MyRio and the Computer itself) and share data between the two?

A little backstory: I am trying to make a thermal camera work with Labview, and it works fine when the VI is executed without a MyRio as the target. However, if I try to run it after I set MyRio as my target, this error occurs: "LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library Advapi32.dll:RegQueryValueExA:C . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target."

I researched this error, and it seems like it would be difficult to solve being that I am using a third party VI. So instead of going that route, I was wondering if there any way I could run a VI not on the MyRio, and one on the MyRio simultaneously and exchange data between the two. I tried using global variables but it didn't seem to work. Any sort of solution would be appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gookman

Although this thread is in the Academic subforums, you might find it helpful - it describes communication between RIO and (Desktop) Computer:  How to run code and communicate between computer and myRIO?

It links to this developers guide for cRIO devices: Full cRIO Dev Guide.pdf

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,384 Views)

Thanks, that seems to be doing the trick, even though its not working 100%. I think its a matter of tweaking the VI a little bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,328 Views)