LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Polynomial Interpolation to convert voltage to pressure

Hi LabVIEW Community!

I am currently experimenting with linear and non-linear approaches to convert voltage to pressure for a home project. While I can look up the calibration scale from the transducer producers manual I just want to know what names of these the circled items are (sorry I am a novice with LabVIEW so terminology is a weakness for me). This photo was shared by a member but this was 13.5 years ago and I doubt they are still active in the community.

Please see the attachment for reference regarding circled items.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(801 Views)

I think you have more problems than just identifying very common LabVIEW functions. Polynomial interpolation is certainly overkill for this, because you only have two points, meaning it will result in the special case of a linear interpolation, a much more trivial problem.

If you tell us a little bit more about your project, I am sure we can provide more detailed help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(778 Views)

If you're using a DAQ, you can create a custom scale and use map ranges option. Now your 0.5-4.5V signal is mapped to 0-150PSI.

santo_13_1-1643991370428.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(770 Views)