LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ORCA-Flash 4.0 camera with LabView

Hello, I have an ORCA-Flash 4.0 V3 camera from Hamamatsu that I want to use to capture live images from a microscope. I know of the Video Capture Library Hamamatsu is supplying. However, I was wondering if there is a way to use the camera only with the Vision Development module and the ImaqDx driver from LabVIEW.

I am running LabView 2016 64bit on Windows 10 64bit and have both Vision Development Module (16.1) as well as the Vision Acquisition Software (16.1) installed and up to date.
But when I connect the camera to the computer (via USB3) the camera is not listed as a device in the NI Measurement and Autmation Explorer although it is listed in the Windows device Manager. Following the steps in the Labview troubleshooting pages didn't resolve the problem.

Now I am wondering if the camera is actually compatible to the ImaqDx driver, but couldn't find any information on the Hamamatsu web site.
I hope someone can help with this issue and thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,873 Views)

If it isn't showing up, t likely doesn't follow the USB3 Vision standard.  If that's the case, you'll want to make wrapper VIs to call the DLLs provided by the manufacturer.  From there, you're typically able to use the VDM with acquired images.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,851 Views)

Thank you very much. I will have a look into this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,834 Views)