From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Labview to analyze Spike2 files (.smr format) from CED

Hi,

I am setting up a new system for multichannel field recordings, which will likely include data acquisition via CED hardware and spike2 software. Since there is much experience in our lab with Labview, it would be very good to know how difficult it is to use the spike2 files in labview.  Has anyone got experience in this? In spike,  there are only very limited export functions, e.g. as text. We will have very large data however, 16 channel continuous EEG recordings sampled at 5000 Hz, and I am  fearing that importing as text might not be ideal.

Thanks and regards,

Else Tolner
Helsinki

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,617 Views)
Although this question was asked in 2006, I realized that there is still no answer to it, neither on the NI forums, nor on other forums. 

CED has python libraries for extraction, but I wonder if anyone has ever developed a subvi that imports or even converts to another format, like a TDMS.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(888 Views)