LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LabVIEW 6.0.1 in Win2K, I get the Application Error: The instruction at "0x004be060" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read".

I have several VIs that use the same typedef. This "super" typedef consists of of a cluster containing 6 arrays. Each array has elements that are themselves typedefs. The array element typedefs consist of a cluster of strings, a string array, and yet another cluster typedef of instrument handles. The total number of unique typedefs is 13 (1 super, 1 as the array element in the 6 arrays, and 1 in each array element).

When I make any changes to any of these typedefs and I try to open a VI that uses the "super" typedef, LabVIEW stops loading subVIs and crashes with the Application Error: Application Error: The inst
ruction at "0x004be060" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Also note that this VI contains several subVIs that use this "super" typedef for terminal inputs and outputs.

What is causing this problem? My only solution to this is to rename the "super" typedef, open the VI, ignoring the load of the "super" typedef, and once the VI opens (with a broken arrow) relinking the VI to the typdef after renaming the typedef back to the original name. This becomes quite painful when you have to do this for each and every VI that uses this typedef on every revision of the typedef.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,256 Views)
You might want to first install the 6.0.2 patch before digging too far into this. You can download it from the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/windows/updates/6.0.2/

If the problem remains, then it is likely related to a few known issues with strict type defs. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done about it at the present time. You might try having the *.ctl file open in the editor when you open the VIs to see if that helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,256 Views)
I tried changing the "super" typedef from a strict typedef to an ordinary typedef. This seemed to stop the Labview crashes.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,256 Views)