From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LABView to parse serial outpur from PUTTY

Hello all,

I have 4 accelerometers and 8 thermistors feeding through a serial com board communicating through USB.  I have a MATLAB runtime that currently parses the files but the programming is very in depth and I am not framiliar with it.  My question is: How does one go about using labview or another NI product to parse signal output data from PUTTY and be able to display it in the form of a signal for processing?  When I use putty to communicate with the sensors a file is saved with all of the data recieved from the sensors.  I am kind of a newbie regarding labview and signal processing in general.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,857 Views)

Oh here is a example of the output I am getting from Putty and need to Parse.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2010.10.07 11:05:26 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
¥ZÃ<K  8–µ¥ZÃ<K° ˜–‘¥ZÃ<KÀ 0–À¥ZÃ<KÐ €–—•¥ZÃ<Kà À–µ”¥ZÃ<Kð È–F¥ZÃ<K€!P–6ã¥ZÃ<K!8–ïe¥ZÃ<K !8–i¥ZÃ<K°!˜–%p¥ZÃ<KÀ!0–tù¥ZÃ<KÐ!€–#ã¥ZÃ<Kà!À–â¥ZÃ<Kð!È–òo¥ZÃ<K€"P–êx¥ZÃ<K"8–3þ¥ZÃ< -0
 <ðàÐÀ° €–ã¥ZÃ<K "8–Ýò¥ZÃ<K°"˜–ùë¥ZÃ<KÀ"0–¨b¥ZÃ<KÐ"€–ÿx¥ZÃ<Kà"À–Ýy¥ZÃ<Kð"È–.ô¥ZÃ<K€#P–^¥ZÃ<K#8–‡ˆ¥ZÃ<K #8–i„¥ZÃ<K°#˜–M¥ZÃ<KÀ#0–¥ZÃ<KÐ#€–K¥ZÃ<Kà#À–i¥ZÃ<Kð#È–š‚¥ZÃ<K€$P–s_¥ZÃ<K$8–ªÙ¥ZÃ< -0
 <ðàÐÀ° €–ã¥ZÃ<K $8–DÕ¥ZÃ<K°$˜–`Ì¥ZÃ<KÀ$0–1E¥ZÃ<KÐ$€–f_¥ZÃ<Kà$À–D^¥ZÃ<Kð$È–·Ó¥ZÃ<K€%P–Ç)¥ZÃ<K%8–¯¥ZÃ<K %8–ð£¥ZÃ<K°%˜–Ôº¥ZÃ<KÀ%0–…3¥ZÃ<KÐ%€–Ò)¥ZÃ<Kà%À–ð(¥ZÃ<Kð%È–¥¥ZÃ<K€&P–²¥ZÃ<K&8–Â4¥ZÃ<K &8–,8¥ZÃ< -0
°6˜–¯:¥ZÃ<KÀ60–þ³¥ZÃ<KÐ6€–©©¥ZÃ< -0  <ðàÐÀ° €–ã¥ZÃ<Kà6À–‹¨¥ZÃ<Kð6È–x%¥ZÃ<K€7P–ߥZÃ<K78–ÑY¥ZÃ<K 78–?U¥ZÃ<K°7˜–L¥ZÃ<KÀ70–JÅ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,855 Views)

Why would you want to use PuTTY? You can use the built-in serial functions in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,850 Views)

I dont necessarily want to use putty but it is the method that I have been using.  So there is a way that I can read signal output from 12 different sensors through a USB cable and feed it directly into labview.  Can you provide me with some info and links regarding this? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,847 Views)

Just do a search the shipping examples for 'serial'. You will need to provide the specifics of the serial acquisition board you are using - i.e. the commands to do a read, the format of the data, etc. Also search the forum. There are thousands of posts on serial. Narrow it down by adding 'hex' to the search parameter as that appears to be the format you are getting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,845 Views)