From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using I2C and a conflict with digital I/O

I have a myRio and hence am using LabView real-time. I read an accelerometer and gyro from an external sensor using i2C. This works fine.

Then I add a PWM motor part. For the H bridge I require two logic outs.  I find that if I connect my H bridge logic outputs to A/Dioo that it stops the I2C working. Almost as if the Dio is in some way connected to the I2C, yet it is not.

In frustration I connected to the B port and it works fine again. Does using I2C in some way restrict you using the rest of the Port A? Seems a little odd. I had a problem in the past when I tried to use I2C and the FPGA at the same time - that's another story. Never resolved that either.

I made the I2C handle multiple opens (=True in the vi) in case it had something to do with that. didn't make any difference.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,996 Views)

my mistake. Found the error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,959 Views)

Explain what error was so that people reading in the future can learn what you just learned!

Message 3 of 4
(1,955 Views)

I had forgot that I was using an interrupt and the interrupt was also using Dio0. Hence the conflict. The code was rather large and I went back to it after a time - that's why I forgot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,952 Views)