From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Creative! Live motion pan & Tilt Features on Labview

Hi,
I am using the Creative Live! motion USB camera for a school engineering project. The camera is used to help automate an autonomous sailboat by trying to find an orange buoy. The buoy locking code is written in Labview with Labview Vision to process the picture. I have downloaded and installed the IMAQ USB drivers so I can get a picture from the camera but I need to know how to use Labview to control the pan and tilt features of the camera. Are there any known APIs that I can use to access the features of this camera?
Thanks

J
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,297 Views)
Joel,

Thank you for contacting us.  It sounds like you're hoping to use the motion abilities of the camera to watch the buoy?  Sounds like a neat application.
    In order to communicate with the camera, you will need to use its driver -- we won't have functions that can directly communicate with the motion in the camera because it is controlled by its driver.  The driver will be some sort of external code from LabVIEW and in order to use it's functionality in LabVIEW you will have to use one of our interfaces for doing so and you will need some way to understand how that code works.  If you have more specifics on the camera or the driver, or more questions on how to do this from LabVIEW let me know, thank you!

-Allison S.
Applications Engineering
-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,284 Views)