LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Build Array to take numbers from a sample compression to calculate for averages every X minutes

Hello!

I am very very new to labview and am hoping to get some help/input on trying to build an array. 

So what I have is a DAQ assistant collecting data, and I have made a sample compression of it, because I don't need a ton of data, but I'm still getting a ton of data from the sample compression. But what I want to do is build some sort of array so that I'll collect the averages of that data every X minutes and write to measurement file the average of data every X minutes. 

Is there a way of doing that? If so, I could really appreciate any help and guidance I could get! 

Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,313 Views)

You can collect your data in "mean ptbypt" and save that average after every period, then reset the average.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,310 Views)

Do you think you could possibly expand on that? I'm very new and not too sure what you mean.. 

I appreciate your response. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,308 Views)

Familiarity with the principles of LabVIEW and dataflow is essential. Just jumping into the deep end is not useful. You should start with all available tutorials and look at example code and design templates.

Feel free to attach a simplified version of your code so we can give more targeted advice. (I won't be near a computer for a while, but somebody else might jump in).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)