LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Basler ace GigE Cameras

I experienced the identical problem

Acquisition Attribute => Advanced Ethernet => “Firewall Transversal” set to 'Enabled'

This solved the problem for me.

Robert Molenaar, Twente University, Netherlands

Message 11 of 21
(3,193 Views)

Very interesting, thanks.  I had solved the problem by installing a PCI Ethernet port in my control computer so I didn't use the ethernet switch.  That fixed things, but I should try your solution as well with the switch, in case I need to install more cameras.

Thanks!

FB

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(3,183 Views)

Hi.

I just started evaluating Basler acA2000 - 50gc GigE camera with latest NI VAS & VDM software under Win7x64. Camera for now is directly connected to the Ethernet port of my laptop. With Basler Pylon software everything works perfectly. Camera works in various modes with different frame sizes ( 500-9000 bytes).

In NI MAX it does not work. Camera is detected and configuration is restored, but after pressing "snapshot" i get error 0xBF69031, "The system did not receive the test packet from the camera..."

I've activated Jumbo Packets in the Intel Ethernet controller and experimented with many different frame sizes - still does not work.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Thanks!

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(3,081 Views)

Hello Adam,

Because you are using a standard laptop Ethernet adapter, you may also need to reduce the packet size used for communication. Try setting the 'Packet Size' used by the camera to '1500' under the 'Acquisition Attributes' tab of the camera settings in NI MAX. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

Message 14 of 21
(3,067 Views)

Andy's suggestion is what worked for me.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(3,062 Views)

Hi.

As I wrote I tried all possible packet sizes and enabling/disabling jumbo packets, updating Ethernet adapter driver...

Issue is additionally tricky, because GenICam driver works in MAX and Vision Assistant - I am able to use camera, but configuration options are very limited. But when I try to use specific driver, I get error message.

Additionally - please remember that everything works fine with Basler Pylon software - all settings, all packet sizes...

Best regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(3,052 Views)

Hi Adam,

If you've already reduced the packet size then this sounds like it could be a firewall issue. Do you know if all software and hardware firewalls have been disabled? Are you using a built-in Ethernet adapter or a separate card? I would perform all testing at packet sizes of 1500 or less just in case (I might even try reducing packet size to 1000). Have you enabled FireWall Traversal in the camera's configuration settings?

Can you verify that the Windows firewall is disabled?

Because you are able to use the camera via the GenICam interface in MAX and Vision Assistant, it could also be a driver conflict between GenICam and IMAQdx. Note that you cannot access the camera from both Pylon and NI MAX at the same time--each program will block access to the other, so make sure Pylon is closed before using MAX.

Let us know if this helps.

Best,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(3,032 Views)

Hi Andy,

the problem is definetly in the conflict of GenICam and specific driver. How can I remove Basler GenICam camera from IMAQdx devices list?

screenshot.png

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(3,012 Views)

Hello Adam,

I would first start by uninstalling the Basler Pylon software from the computer as this is the program linked to that GenICam entry.

Best regards,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,003 Views)

Hi Andy, 

We tried on different computers having the same ethernet card but different drivers (for the ethernet card). 

Our jumbo frames are all enabled and set to 9MB. It all works with packet size of 1500 bytes but goes wrong on one computer with larger and not the other. 

Do you think the driver of the network adapter could be the problem? 

Thanking you in advance. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,112 Views)