LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User suggestions for improving VLM 2.0

Posting this to the message board seemed as good a way as any for reporting suggestions and problems from my latest go-round with VLM 2.0.

1. Please add a way to send e-mail directly from the VLM based on the optional e-mail ID in the named user information.  At the very least, provide a way to export these addresses.  Currently, I have to maintain the e-mail addresses in both the VLM and in my Outlook address book. 
  2. Provide a way to export the user information to some usable format for VLM admins.  As in, I just spent the time typing in all the cost centers thinking I could export these somehow to do our cost-accounting, but no.  If you have a way to do this to any format I could use (CSV, XML, XLS, etc.), I sent the activity log to agreements@ni.com and would greatly appreciated.
  3. BUG: When I saved the activity log earlier today to add owner information for technical support, it prompted me for a filename to save to.  When I chose the directory I use for saving activity logs and disconnected license files, it did not let me change the name of the file.
  4. I hate video tutorials, love cheat-sheets.  (Hey, I had to get a personal preference in there somewhere!)

Thanks,

Julie

Certified LabVIEW Developer
NI-VLM Administrator
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,057 Views)

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your feedback on VLM - we are always interested to hear our customer'ssuggestions and feedback.

To touch on your points:

• We have had several customers asking for an easy way to export user information into a useful format. It is definitely being considered for future versions of VLM. I'll put in a new product suggestion for this as well, just to make sure that R&D sees this request.
  • The activity log file name is based off of the license id and the expiration date. This makes it easy for us to handle on our end. That said, not being able to name the file could cause some confusion, so I'll forward that comment along to R&D as well.
  • With respect to cheat-sheets, I can definitely provide you with several links with support for VLM. While I'm sure you've seen a lot of them, maybe I'll catch you with one that may help you out.

Like I said previously, thank you for your input. It really helps us refine VLM (and all of our products).

VLM Links:
FLEXlm End User's Guide
Can NI Volume License Manager Run on a Configurable Port?
Using a Volume License File on a FLEXlm Server
Moving NI Volume License Manager to a New Server
What Files Should I Backup to Retain my Configuration within NI Volume License Manager?
How do I Use a National Instruments License File on an OS Other Than Windows?

Thanks,

Matt M
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)