LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User authentication within a corporate network

Hi,

Is there another way of authenticating a user rather than using "runas" command when calling "System exe" within LabVIEW? By authenticating, I mean, checking if a user typed valid windows login password.

When calling "runas", an application to be run needs to be specified. Therefore, there would be another application appearing upon successful password. However, the intention is to check the password only and not to open another app.I wonder is there another way of doing this? Is there a pre-developed LabVIEW library?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,483 Views)

Here is a simple .Net implementation.

Message 2 of 5
(2,475 Views)

Thanks that is exactly what I am looking for

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,445 Views)

If aptivo's response solved your problem, please mark the post as the solution and give Kudos where they are due. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,428 Views)

aptivo's, thanks for the help.  This has been an excellent solution to my problem. 

Before, I close I wonder is there anyone else would be having a suggestion on how to implement without .net? I know I might sound a bit too fuzzy, I just would like to reduce dependency .net if possible. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,397 Views)