LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful tool when posting bug reports for LV from Windows 7

If you are reporting a bug against LabVIEW (or any other product, for that matter) and you're using Windows 7, today I learned about a feature that might be helpful.

Windows 7 includes a built-in mechanism for recording every mouse click/keystroke and screenshot that you do while recording. The feature is called the "Problem Steps Recorder."

I was going to write about it, but I found this blog post online that walks through the details better than I could.
http://www.istartedsomething.com/20090111/windows-7-problem-steps-recorder-miracle-tool/

If you've got a particularly hard to reproduce bug, rather than typing out all the steps to reproduce, and maybe forgetting something subtle but important, you can use the Problem Steps Recorder to create an mhtml file and submit that file as part of your bug report. That gives developers who evaluate your bug report an exact play-by-play of what you did and how the bug was created.

Although probably overkill for most bug reports, I figure this might help some of the more complex situations.
Message 1 of 1
(2,619 Views)