LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Cntrl Q

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application where I'm controlling a device via the serial port. To get it to exit from one of the menus, I have to send it a "CNTRL Q". In Labview this is the shortcut for quit and i get the dialog box to exit, save, etc.

Could someone tell me what I need to do to configure labview such that I can use the string constant or other means to send the "CNTRL Q" via the serial port.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,453 Views)
Take a look in your documentation. CTRL Q is not CTRL Q keys but a combination of one or more ASCII codes in range 0-255

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kwl

According to the ASCII-Table.com hex 11 (decimal 17) is the equivalent of CTRL-Q for terminal programs.

Just create a numeric constant with that value typecast it to string and send it over the comm port.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,425 Views)
You could also make a string control\constant and set to "\codes display" or hex display by right cliking on it. Goto labview help and search for strings, backslash codes display

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,420 Views)