LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use net to control design in labview

hi. i want to implement an idea in labview and is given below: i would design a circuit in labview and want to control it through the internet. Like if i am running a simulation and an error occurs, i can see that error from anywhere by opening a specific website on the internet and correcting it at that website and it gets correct in my design. I will be running my design on a computer which is connected 24 hours to the internet. I want to design a website which will show all of this. is this possible? any tools in labview for it?
Message 1 of 6
(2,482 Views)

Hello ktq,

There are a couple ways you can control a VI front panel. The best way is through web publishing, How do I publish my VI to a web page? You need to be sure about firewall permissions and issues on both ends. Also check out our Internet Toolkit, here. Are you hoping to do this on a network? Depending on what your application is, you can also run network streaming queues through ethernet: High-speed data streaming: Programming and Benchmarks. Please let me know if you have any questions, good luck with your application!

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 6
(2,464 Views)
actually i am simulating a substation on labview and want to control it from anywhere. Its my project
Message 3 of 6
(2,447 Views)

Hi ktq,

It is possible to use such a web service to make your data available anywhere online. The catch is that you cannot code on the block diagram, everything must be done through a front panel control. Error handling as you mentioned, would be possible here. How elaborate is your front panel? If you need to change code it may be more beneficial to set-up service to remote in to the computer and have full access to the code.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
Message 4 of 6
(2,428 Views)
no i dont want to change the block diagram. My front panel controls everything, so i just want its control.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,426 Views)

Hello ktq,

Here are some help files to get you started, besides the 'How do I publish my VI to a web page?' from above:Getting Started with the G Web Server (LabVIEW Internet Toolkit), Configuring, Running, and Managing the Application Web Server, Enabling the Application Web Server for Web Services. Please post if you have any more specific questions along the way as you get the application started.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,414 Views)