From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use config VIs in llb

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody

I'm working on an automated setup using Vision Builder AI (2018) and LabVIEW(2018).

As I wanted to add additional raw data storage functionality to the optical inspection handled in VBAI, I planned to use configuration files to control certain paramaters which can be easily adapted and do not have to be included in the version controlled Testsequences/LabVIEW-VIs as the raw data storage is for debugging purposes.

But I ran in to some problems. Whenever I try to call a VI in Vision Builder containing Config File VIs, I get the following error message:

delete_me.PNG

I assume I have to include the used config VIs (Open Config Data, Read Key and Write Key) in an llb. My experience with llbs is very limited, so I only tried to place said VIs together in an llb but as expected this didn't do the trick. Can someone help me out, please?

(the VIs worked just fine when I tested them in LabVIEW directly, so I assume the code is not the problem)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,700 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author swiss_ski

After looking for a solution for 2 days without any luck, I wrote about it in the forum and a little bit later I found the solution myself. As often, it really helps to formulate for someone else.

Anyway in case someone else has similar issues:

I added all the VIs I wrote myself to a project and then created a source distribuition as described here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6TASA0&l=de-CH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,666 Views)

Thanks for sharing your solution!  Now other people can benefit from your knowledge.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,637 Views)