From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use LabVIEW FPGA to control a pendulum with motor

Hi everyone!

I'm controlling a pendulum with motor at the end using myRIO and LabVIEW. My topic is based on previous students' work. They built the pendulum and designed controllers with Simulink. I transfered the Simulink PID controller to LabVIEW and used the parameters in the Simulink PID controller. 

However, when I was running the Labview program, the response was not like the simulation results in Simulink. For example, when I was setting the angle of pendulum to 3, the simulation result should be 3 degree in a short time, but the actual pendulum controlled by labview is about 20-30 degrees. 

Can anyone help me to find the error or difference between Labview and Simulink program? 

Thank you very much!

Kind Regards

Chenzhe Xiao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,937 Views)

I don't know how simulink works, but its probably a lot different than LabVIEW. What is your expected output from your LabVIEW code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,838 Views)

I'm also not familiar with Simulink, but since this year MATLAB and LabVIEW are slightly more friendly with one another.

Taking a look at the Model Interface Toolkit (readme) might be useful if you're able to use 2019.

The notes describing the changes are here: NI-MathWorks CollaborationRunning Compiled Simulink Models in LabVIEW and in VeriStand.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,831 Views)