From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use ActiveX to create a chart in excel

When I use ActiveX to create charts in Excel,there are many series those I don't want to create,I don't know why.As following are the code.Could some help to me to solve?

Chart aim is that create charts with three series ,but there is another 36 series in the chart.I changed the quantity series into 5 which in the chart template ,but there are also 36 series in the charts.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,782 Views)

Excel Row Col to range.vi is missing

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,756 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,752 Views)

Have you tried using the debug tools such as probes and highlight execution to slow down the code and visualize the data on the wires?  My guess is that you aren't sending the values into the subVI that you think you are and a series you are creating contains multiple columns.

Perhaps there is a wiring error in one of the subVI's.  Your subVI's have a rather large number of connectors on their panels.  I recommend using clusters to bundle related data together into a single wire.  Also, correct datatypes.  In Excel Series.VI, axis rows and columns and plot order should all be integers, not floating point doubles.

PS:  The word is spelled "column" not "colum".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,749 Views)

I saw the SUB VI,the data of all input is right,and the for loop go well as what it should be,the "plot order"is just finished at what I set,so that is why I thought is very strange.

The VI I will updated base on your suggestion after solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,746 Views)

Do you see something like "1st Qtr" "2nd Qtr" etc?  If so, this is the default dataset when you Insert->Object->"Microsoft Graph Chart" within Excel. 

I posted an example in another thread that let's you insert the nicer looking charts rather than the ugly OLE charts. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,726 Views)

Dears 

After change the range into I32 ,the chart goes well.thank you all!

But another issue in create new Excel file using ActiveX,I just use a Excel template and then save as another file ,then correct.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,702 Views)

What did you exactly do to solve this, I have the same problem. Where do you set the range to I32.

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,838 Views)