From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb camera works in labview 2015 but not in 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

I just upgraded from labview 2015 to 2017. Usb camera (microsoft Lifecam) which used to work, is not being detected now. I open NI MAX, it shows usb devices connected to MyRIO, but not a camera. When i disconnect the camera, the items disappears from NI MAX. However if i plug the same camera in my laptop, the camera is correctly detected in NI MAX. Does it means my laptop have the proper driver and MyRIO does not? 

I have the 2015 version still on my laptop. When i try the camera on my old MYRIO with Labview 2015, on the same laptop, everything works fine. Anyone have an idea what is going on? Any advise is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,760 Views)

How are you communicating with the camera? If you are using VAS (vision acquisition software from NI), then you need to install the latest version so that it will install 2017 support as well.

Message 2 of 6
(2,743 Views)

I simply install everything on the new DVD installer. I did see that the vision acquisition is also installed. What do 2017 support means?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mospeada

When you originally installed VAS, it only knew that you were using LV 2015, not LV 2017. Now that you've installed LV 2017, you need to install VAS again so it can install the drivers to the appropriate place for LV 2017.

Message 4 of 6
(2,718 Views)

Check this out

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/USB-webcam-on-a-cRIO/td-p/3327542

the default installation does not include the UVC devices, you need to use custom install to install them

CY (expired CLAD)
Message 5 of 6
(2,680 Views)

Thanks Gregory and Cy. I reinstalled VAS 17.0 and it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,652 Views)