LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of "Wait for front panel activity" and "Generate front panel activity"

Hello Guys,

Did any one used the blocks "Wait for front panel activity" and "Generate front panel activity". If so would you please provode the code how and when these blocks are used??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,605 Views)

Hi nik,

"Wait for FP activity" was used before the event structure was introduced into LabVIEW (and made available for all versions of LabVIEW).

Now all you need is the event structure to react on any FP activity!

Why do you think you will need this?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,594 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Why do you think you will need this?

They are still in the palettes.

As GerdW said, they were needed before there was the event structure.  The idea was to prevent the constant polling for a control button being pressed and then you could check to see which button was pressed or input edited, etc.  The Generate was basically a way to cancel the Wait.  The Event Structure takes care of all of that for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,587 Views)

It would be cool if Generate Front Panel Activity actually moved the mouse so I could make my computer think I was watching it.  It behaves better when I'm watching; the faults only occur after I think it's safe to go home for the night...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 5
(2,579 Views)

Thank you all for the clarification. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,566 Views)