LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : help for how to save s-parameters i SNP file in labview

Dear all,

I am using for my internship two NETWORK analyzers a PNA N5224A and an ENA E5080A. 
what i am supposed to do is to make the configuration of the VNA and then save the s-parameters in a file same as the SNP file.
Well after installing the driver in labview ,i started my interface but i am having trouble in how to save the imaginary and the real of the s-parameters  in the SNP file format (s1p,s2p). How can I do this in my interface?
for more information i am going to send you my vis in which i started the configuration of the VNA .
i wish that you can provide me with some examples VIS or links.
i am looking forward to hearing from you soon. I really appreciate your help .
PS: i am using LabVIEW 2020 if you need any conversion please let me know.

for more details this is what am i supposed to do:
The objective of this project is the development of a user interface making it possible to automate the measurements carried out using the network analyzer instrument  (for several frequency bands, up to 43.5 GHz ). Using this HMI interface, the user can define their measurement parameters (frequency band, instruments, number of measurement points, parameters to be measured, etc.) through the interface. The measurement will start to automatically acquire data from the instrument (s) connected to the interface.
The user can also perform the necessary data processing ("S" parameters) according to the desired application such as measuring the electrical characteristics of the devices under test. The interface produced must be extensible to integrate several measures according to the requested applications.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,076 Views)

Hi ibtihel,
I found a user manual online for the E5080, not sure if it pertains to the N5224 model as well.
http://ena.support.keysight.com/e5080a/manuals/webhelp/eng/

This function is going let you save the SNP data to the analyzer, then you probably have to figure out how to transfer the file to your PC afterward.
Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 7
(2,020 Views)

hi gregory, 

i want to know if i can automate the VNA and even save the data in a file with my labview vi . i mean configure the frequency power and number of measurement points then it saves the real/imaginary s-parameter in a file . automatically and not manual . im going to communicate with GPIB .

is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,989 Views)

Yes, if you can find it in that manual I linked to you can send it to the instrument. For example, to set the number of points I would try this command:

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 7
(1,983 Views)
ok i will try it , and i will give you a feedback.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,979 Views)

Hi ! 

Can you please take a quick look at my PNA VI , I feel like everything is ok, when i make the highlight execution it stops at the for boucle of the sweep complete after sending a trigger , can you please take a quick look and let me know where is the problem doest it query a data or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,898 Views)

Hello

Hope you are well

I am m going through the same issue saving s2p files from N5224A.

Although you can download Keysight PNA drivers but need to create your code to save data in SNP format. I got an overview from this code which is available on NI community where in I further made changes accordingly for my instruments N5224A.

I hope this code helps you.

Kind Regards,

Gauri

Gaura2495_1-1658873669207.png

Gaura2495_0-1658873572138.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,536 Views)