LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent:How to get analog data from sbRio 9632 ???

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi~
I new in Labview~
I want to ask how to get the analog data from SbRio 9632 with FPGA ???
Example
I want to get voltage/current from a solar panel ~ 
So I plug in the device on analog input~
But how to write a program to read the data?
Urgently need help~ thanks~

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,460 Views)

As far as I know(new to this myself), you'll have to set up an FPGA VI which will take in your analog voltages(using the FPGA I/O node), and write them to variables. These variable can then by read in a seperate VI programmed in Real-Time. This might help: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599F-01/lvfpgaconcepts/pfi_data_transfer/

The reason I found this thread though, is that I have a problem with my sbRIO-9626(with RMC card). I've got a sound and vibration module, and a strain input module installed using the RMC, but I can't seem to get any data from either. The sound/vibration module worked initially, and I was able to log acceleration values using the method described above, but when I run the VI now, I get nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,439 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GTHao

Hi GTHao,

I think you can refer to this manual for sbRIO 9632. It has the step by step guide on how to extract data from sbRIO (though it roughly specifies RIO which includes cRIO but they are more a less the same in terms of getting the analog data for your case)

Please take note of the voltage and current that the sbRIO analog input pins can take before you plug it in.

Hope it helps.

Thank you

Warmest regards,

Lennard C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,418 Views)

Dear Lennard C
May I know~ after I get until the data from analog input~
how to link it to graph??? 
cause I can't link it~ with grey color~

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,374 Views)

Hi GTHao,

you need to convert that FXP data to SGL or DBL on the RT side...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,366 Views)

ok~ understand~
so can't do it on FGPA side???
(sorry cause I really new in labview)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,362 Views)

Hi GTHao,

two points:

- SGL support on the FPGA side is a new feature of LV2012, so your request depends on the LV version you use

- it doesn't make sense to use a graph on the FPGA VI, the graph should be on the host side. As the host should be your PC (!) which is the only device with a display in your whole device chain (FPGA<>RT<>PC) you should convert from FXP to SGL/DBL either on the RT or even on the PC...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,357 Views)