LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uprgade 2018 to 2020

I have an active LabView license for 2018, is it possible to upgrade without having to do anything other than installing the software or do I need to do something else first?  Thanks.

Best,

Robin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,076 Views)

Depends on whether or not your license covers LV 2020.  Although it sounds facetious, a license for LV 2020 is also good for any previous version of LV, so it's hard to tell.  I guess the best way to tell is to go to NI.com and check out the serial number details.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,069 Views)

Also, when upgrading LabVIEW versions you may need to update toolkits and add-ons as well. For example, if you're using LabVIEW 2018 with DAQmx 18.0, you will have to update to DAQmx 20.0 after upgrading LabVIEW. I don't know what add-ons you are using, but for most you can find a compatibility table online. Here is an example for DAQmx:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/16/ni-daqmx-and-labview-compatibility.h...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(987 Views)