From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uprgade 2018 to 2020

I have an active LabView license for 2018, is it possible to upgrade without having to do anything other than installing the software or do I need to do something else first?  Thanks.

Best,

Robin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,095 Views)

Depends on whether or not your license covers LV 2020.  Although it sounds facetious, a license for LV 2020 is also good for any previous version of LV, so it's hard to tell.  I guess the best way to tell is to go to NI.com and check out the serial number details.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,088 Views)

Also, when upgrading LabVIEW versions you may need to update toolkits and add-ons as well. For example, if you're using LabVIEW 2018 with DAQmx 18.0, you will have to update to DAQmx 20.0 after upgrading LabVIEW. I don't know what add-ons you are using, but for most you can find a compatibility table online. Here is an example for DAQmx:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/16/ni-daqmx-and-labview-compatibility.h...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,006 Views)