cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to LV 2015

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

I've been currently working in LV 2010 and wanted to uprgade to LV 2015. The install went great but when I went to open a project the database connectivity toolkit modules could not be found. I checked NI MAX and saw that it was I have the latest version of the toolkit installed. I decided to uninstall LV 2010 and reinstall LV 2015 due to reading that sometimes the newer version wont recognize certain toolkits if there are multiple versions installed. The toolkit still says its up to date and installe, but still can not be found. Are there any suggestions as to what might be going on here? Thank you sincerely, I feel like this may be a silly question with a simple answer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,760 Views)

I don't think you'd have issues with that toolkit being installed on multiple versions.  My guess is that it just did not install like you think it did.

First find out if you have the VI's where they belong.  C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\addons\database\Connection.llb .....

Message 2 of 7
(3,754 Views)

When the message comes up saying that it can't locate a VI in the toolkit, where does it say it's looking?

It should say "<vi.lib>: \addons\database\*** "

If it says it's actually looking somewhere else with a full fixed path like "C:\LabView stuff\Database\*** " or a strange relative path like "..\..\Database stuff\*** " then it could be that the referring files in the project have a strange idea about where to look for the toolkit files and you just need to point them to the path that RavensFan mentions.

Message 3 of 7
(3,726 Views)

Go to NI License Manager and drop down the LabVIEW 2015 to look under Toolkits.  Do you see the DCT there?  If so, what color is hte activation square?  Is it green?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,695 Views)

Well I checked the file paths as my project was loading and it was looking in the wrong spots. I pointed to the right files and the project loaded up fine. I have a slew of warnings about missing VIs from the Database Connectivity Toolkit(DB Close Connection, DB Variant to Data) and Report Generation Toolkit (Get Worksheet, Run Excel Macro). I also check the NI License manager and all the toolkits are green.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,663 Views)

It sounds like it wasn't installed properly.

I'd try re-installing or doing a repair on those toolkits.

Message 6 of 7
(3,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SD_210435

Well it turns out everything was installed correctly. The issue was that the 64 bit version of LV 2015 was opening, and the data connectivty toolkit is not supported on 64 bit...now using the 32 bit version, everything works fine! Thank you to those who helped!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,578 Views)