LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading .scf files?

When I run my application, the Tag Engine pops up a prompt saying that my .scf file is invalid and I must upgrade it in the Tag Configuration menu. What does this mean? Immediately afterwards, my application performs EXACTLY as I expect. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm not doing correctly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,891 Views)

Hello Andrew,

What version of LabVIEW-DSC are you using? Are you using the Import feature to create your SCF file from a CSV file? Did you try opening the SCF file in TCE and saving it again?

I am not sure why this would happen, but I am guessing the SCF file got corrupted somehow or has some "invalid" parameters in it. Re-saving it in the TCE should fix it.

If the problem persists, can you post the SCF file here for us to try?

Regards,

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,890 Views)
Thanks for the reply. Strangely, when I came into work on Monday, the problem seemed to have stopped so I can't provide any extra details on the problem. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I am using Labview-DSC 7.1.
2. I did not import the .scf file; I used a VI to register a VI-based server, then created a new .scf file for that server.
3. I have opened and reopened the .scf in TCE many times, saving it each time.

If you still wish to try the .scf I could post it if you like, but as I said, the problem appears to be resolved. Also I may have to change a few parameters for client confidentiality reasons (!!)

Regards,
Andy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,892 Views)
I know this issue was initially raised a long time ago but I am now currently experiencing a similar problem.  When I start the application, I get the message "The version of this .scf is not a valid version for the current Labview DSC Module.  Please upgrade using the Tag Configuration Editor."

I'm using v7.1.
I have my .scf built in to the app itself as a support file.

I've never made an app that uses the Tag Engine before so this is somewhat new ground for me.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,740 Views)
Hi Kahless:

I experienced that problem some time ago and what really happened was that the SCF file that DSC Engine was looking for didn't exist (actually, the path was incorrect). Another problem could be that the Citadel Database was not generated properly (SCF not saved)

So I would suggest to check the path of the file you are trying to load.

If you are running an executable with DSC RunTimeEngine, and you load the SCF file programatically, make sure the file you want is being loaded (show the path in an indicator before loading to check the path is correct)

If you are running an executable with DSC RunTimeEngine, but the SCF file is not loaded programatically, open the SCF file you want to load with DSCRunTime and SAVE.

If you are running a LabView VI, load your SCF file and SAVE.

I hope that with one of these three steps you will solve the problem

Hope it helps,
Aitortxo.
Message 5 of 6
(2,729 Views)
Bingo, you know, it was a path error.  I had scrapped building it with the app and brought it over to the run time machine.  Reading your post I realized the path that it was in on the runtime machine is slightly different than on the development machine (put it with the wrong group of files).  Dumb mistake, simply overlook, but BIG help (weird how the simple things stump you sometimes).  Thank you much Aitortxo.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,725 Views)