LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from LabVIEW 2013 to LabVIEW 2019

We have a laptop running Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2013 (32-bit). Before upgrading to Windows 10 I checked the compatibility and 2013 is not compatible with Windows 10. Our R&D department wants to check LabVIEW VI compatibility between our current version and 2019.

I don't have any experience with the program so we need to check if there's anything we need to do with the VI files to have them open with 2019, as well as if it's possible to go directly from 2013 to 2019, or if we have to go to an intermediate version first.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,231 Views)

It is's just plain LabVIEW, everything should just open and run in 2019. Typical programs also involve drivers, modules, and toolkiits so make a list of everything that the program currently requires.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,211 Views)

You should read through the Upgrade Notes for LabVIEW 2019 and LabVIEW 2015 for a full list of things to watch out for.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,174 Views)

Thanks, guys. Sounds like we'd have to go from 2013 to 2015, and then to 2019.  We're checking that nothing would be affected with the data files. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,143 Views)

@machine_74 wrote:

Thanks, guys. Sounds like we'd have to go from 2013 to 2015, and then to 2019.  We're checking that nothing would be affected with the data files. 

No, you can go straight to 2019.  I only said to check out the notes for 2015 because that was as far back as the 2019 notes went for things to watch out for.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,126 Views)