From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading LabVIEW 2013 to 2019 on cDAQ-9139

Hello All,

We are in the midst of upgrading LabVIEW on our cDAQ-9139 from 2013 SP1 to 2019. 

In anticipation of receiving the go-ahead, I have been attempting to install the 2019 evaluation version on the cDAQ computer which is running Windows Embedded 7.  I am getting an NI Package Manager error message:

"You need at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to install NI Package Manager."

Microsoft's support for Windows 7 has since been dropped and windows update does not give me the option of installing service pack 1.  I cannot seem to find a suitable download source. 

Has anyone overcome this issue? 

Is it even advisable to upgrade to SP1 on the cDAQ-9139?

Thanks & Cheers,

- Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,889 Views)

Checking this https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/09/software-support-for-compactrio--com...

it seems like the cDAQ-9139 will work with LabVIEW 2019.

Instead of using a PC running Windows embedded 7.  Use a different PC running Win7, or better yet Win 10, and connect it to the cDAQ to upload the updated software to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,849 Views)

Thanks for the reply and confirming that 2019 is compatible with my device.  I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to install SP1 installed on it.  I have found a method described by Microsoft by they elude to a CAB file that I cannot find.

I was hoping that I could get the new LabView environment working on the cDAQ so we can debug on the hardware running the VI.  Or am I going about this the wrong way?  Can I deploy the application to the cDAQ and debug from a computer running LabVIEW sitting on the same network?

I've tried adding the cDAQ as a remote system in NI MAX but that wasn't getting me anywhere.  I had read that it is only possible if we had Linux RT running on the cDAQ - not Windows 7 Embeded.

Thanks & Cheers,

- Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,809 Views)