From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Application Partial Failure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working on updating a LabView program and I have run into problems with building my application. The original program's VIs were written on LabView 2010 and I am using LabView 2015. I am able to take the original program's project (with no changes) and compile it on LabView 2015 into an executable and it does open and run the majority of the programs features. However, it will not communicate with the stepper motor driver (i.e. the motor doesn't rotate). The PC communicates to the stepper motor driver over a serial connection. Does anyone know why this part of the program fails to execute?

Note: The original executable (from 2010) still works on the host PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,394 Views)

Did you reinstall all drivers with LabVIEW 2015 support after installing LabVIEW 2015?

Do you have any error handling and if so, does it report anything?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,377 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JATHL

Do you call the stepper motor VIs dynamically? I can't imagine being able to build an exe without having all of the driver dependencies, unless this is the case...

Is there place in the program, or configuration file, where you need to put the address of your motor?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JATHL

Hello Everyone,

I figured out what my problem was. So, the person who made the code has a config file that is created for each rig when the application is first used. However, this file is not populated when it is first created so the program didn't know which com ports should be used to send commands. I copy and pasted the config files from the older application to the new one and now it works fine.

Thank you all for the help and sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,327 Views)

No problem, since I suggested the config file in my response, feel free to mark it as solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,321 Views)