From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from LV 2015 to LV2016 cause cRIO-9030 GUI issues

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that has been running successfully on a cRIO-9030 in LabVIEW 2015.  I upgraded to LabVIEW 2016 and now the GUI on the cRIO-9030 is not right.  I didn't make any changes to the VI's, I simply performed a Mass Compile of the project from LabVIEW and then recompiled the FPGA and the RT startup VI.  I updated the cRIO-9030 from MAX to the 2016 drivers and redeployed the startup VI.  Functionally, the VI runs just fine in LabVIEW 2016, the GUI just looks bad.

The attached pictures illustrate the problem - what the GUI looked like with LabVIEW 2015 and then what it looks like with LabVIEW 2016.  It looks like the font properties got lost somehow (point size, bold, etc.), but I have been unable to find where to fix this.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  and any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dave

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,102 Views)

Hi dr2,

Things will change from version to version, and in this case you'll just have to go in and set the font properties to be the same as they were previously.  If you select individual items and go up to the dropdown that says "15pt Application Font" (near the 'Run' and 'Abort' buttons), you should be able to change the font properties of the items so that they match what you configured in 2015.

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dr2

Run the command below, as admin, on the target (ssh or console):
find /usr/share/fonts/X11 -type d -print0 | xargs -0 mkfontdir
then restart the target

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,965 Views)

hy

BOSS

The things that I want to upgrade because in my system labview 2015 is not working properly some files are not opening

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,528 Views)

@Nash2340 wrote:

hy

BOSS

The things that I want to upgrade because in my system labview 2015 is not working properly some files are not opening

You've posted in an older thread.  But your message doesn't make any sense to start out with  ("hy", "BOSS")??

Then you give a statement about "things" and don't give any information about "some files that are not opening".

Unfortunately, no one will be able to help you with your message.

First, read Using the NI Community

then How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

then start a new message thread with a question or problem that provides the information where someone can try to help yoj.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,521 Views)