LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade LabView model from 2014SP1 (Windows 7 32 bit) to 2018 (Windows 10, 64-bit) version

I have a LabView model using the RT Module, FPGA Module and CompactRio which was running fine on an old Win7 32-bit computer with. This computer became corrupted, and I now would like to install a newer version of LabView and run the model on a new 64-bit computer running Windows 10. The CompactRio hardware is accessed through ethernet. We (please refer to Reference#7776104 and support engineer William Carson for more info.) first tried installing the 2014SP1 version on the new computer, but ran into some issues with some sub-vi's after compilation. Now I would like convert the model to e.g. v2018 (or another version supporting 64-bit and Windows 10) and hopefully it will work.

The model is attached and compilation error report from v2014SP1 is attached.

Best Regards

Espen Krogh

PhD Student

Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)

Department of Marine Technology

Email: espen.krogh@ntnu.no

Phone: +47 91756239

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,654 Views)

Officially, the "oldest" version of LabVIEW that runs on Windows 10 is LabVIEW 15 SP1.  I have LabVIEW 2016, 2017, and 2018 working (and am working on getting LabVIEW 2019 installed).  Windows 10, of course, is a 64-bit Operating System, and all of the LabVIEW versions I've installed have been 32-bit LabVIEW, largely because I don't need the huge data space that 64-bit addressing affords, but I do need the toolkits, modules, and drivers that all have 32-bit components.

In my experience with LabVIEW versions 2016 through 2018, I've found LabVIEW 2016 the most "stable" (I'm currently doing a lot of work with LabVIEW 2018, and about 2-3 times/week, I get a "crash" when I try to close a Project -- so far, I haven't lost anything, but it is unnerving to get the "Recovery" screen when you start a new LabVIEW session ...).

You should have no problem opening your LabVIEW 2014 code in LabVIEW 2016 (or later).  When you save it in the newer Version and save it, it will "lock" the code to the newer version.

Bob Schor

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,611 Views)

With help from NI support the upgrade of my program (which is relatively complex) from 2014SP1 to 2018 32 bit and connection to cRIO-9074 finally succeded after some resolving of file conflicts, network issues etc. 

Espen Krogh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,584 Views)