This widget could not be displayed.

From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 7.1 LLB to 2011 (or import-able version)

Solved!
Go to solution

Got a fairly old library with an extensive project built inside it.  It was constructed with 7.1.  The machine that built the 7.1 library does not have the app-builder option so we cannot create an installer to place it on another system.  Tried to import it with our new version of 2011 but I get this:

If anyone could upgrade this 7.1 LLB to 2011 (or 8.x, because I think 8.x will import) then please respond and I will post the library.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,283 Views)

...or, could someone point me to a link for downloading LV 8.0?  I would like to try importing from 7.1 -> 8.0, then importing from 8.0 -> 2011.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,280 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HoomonPlayDomjot

It does not matter whether you have 8.0 or any other version of LabVIEW. You don't have any block diagram so nothing can import it and do the conversion. If you had the 7.1 source code, then 2011 will have no problem importing it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,276 Views)

Thank you - how far back will that go, and if I upgrade my 2011 version -> 2012 do I still have the same up-rev capabilities?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,263 Views)

You can import 6.0 and above.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,255 Views)

You can look here for a compatibility table.

As Dennis points out correctly, you can only convert VIs which are having their block diagram still available.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 6 of 6
(2,248 Views)