cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating to 2017, missing IMAQdx

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have been wiping my dev machine (which had way too many versions of Labview and older modules I'm not using anymore).

I wanted to install the latest version, Labview 2017, including DAQmx, Vision, and Vision Aquisition Software. Everything went fine but VAS, which does shows up in the License Manager, activated, but no palettes are showing and my VIs are not loading, claiming to miss the VAS software (which appears missing indeed). I do have Vision palettes (such as the vision assistant, but not the acquisition assistant). I work on a 64 bits system with Labview 2017 64b.

I downloaded fresh copies of installers from NI download website, for VAS is it 2017-01 which I believe is the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,609 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MF0088

Hi andm,

I believe the Vision Acquisition Drivers for 2017-05 would be the first version to support LabVIEW 2017. It seems like we don't currently have a standalone download for that software, but it should be included in the NI Device Drivers 2017.5 which can be found here:
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-may-2017/6686/en/

I confirmed that the 2017.5 Device Driver readme states that the Vision Drivers support LabVIEW 2017 just to be sure. The standalone link is likely just taking some more time to put together, so apologies for the inconvenience! 

Charlie J.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 9
(7,547 Views)

hello

i instaled labview 2017 but it doesnt have palette usb and subs like:imaqdq ,...

how can i find them?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,385 Views)

Hi poopoo1111,

I would recommend creating a new forum thread for your question since it's not quite the same as this thread. In that thread, make sure to list what palettes or SubVIs you are missing and someone should be able to help you determine what specific Toolkits, Modules, or Drivers you are missing!

Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,368 Views)

Also, just in case anyone else runs across the original problem in the future:
The Vision 17.1 download is back up and can be found at the following link (as of posting this comment).
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-17.1/6879/en/

Charlie J.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 9
(7,364 Views)

will it work IMAQdx if i download and install the link u given above?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,898 Views)

Hi Vimukthi,

Our Vision Acquisition Software drivers includes both IMAQ and IMAQdx, though you will need a license for IMAQdx. If you need IMAQdx for LabVIEW 2017, the above link will install the proper support. Just remember to follow our recommended installation order as well!

Installation Order for Multiple NI Hardware and Software Products

Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,888 Views)

Thank you very much. But i've another problem. i've to activate my VAS 17.1 NI-IMAQdx, VDM 2017 debug deployment, VDM 2017 runtime, VDM 2017 development. i've only two days.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,849 Views)

Hello,

The fastest way to activate your vision software is by using the NI Activation Wizard in NI License Manager. Take a look at the LabVIEW Help: Activating Your Software for step by step instructions. 

You can find NI Vision Specific Licensing Information here.

Kind Regards,

Aaron Douglass
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,825 Views)