LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating sbRIO software

Instead of setting a static IP address for the laptop, try using the "Obtain an IP address automatically" option. After that, instead of refreshing MAX, close and re-open it.

Do you have any firewall? If so, try turning it off temporarily.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,386 Views)

I have tried that and it didn't work.There is also no local firewall on my computer. I am still running into the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,367 Views)

Let's backtrack a bit. Do the following steps in the order they are listed.

1.) Set the PC to "obtain IP address automatically"

2.) Put the sbRIO into safe mode (hold down the reset button until the status LED lights up).

3.) Open MAX, right click on the sbRIO -> "Format Disk"

Let me know if you can do that.

Let's see if you can use NI Web-Based Configuration and Monitor Utility. Go to Internet Explorer (this needs Microsoft Silverlight), enter the URL http://[remote device IP address] where [remote device IP address] is the actual IP address of the sbRIO.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,352 Views)

Did you have a solution to this? I am running into the exact same issue, and have tried everything here. I am trying to repair drivers right now. There is no Add/Remove Software option in MAX. Format Disk gives an error when I enter my password. Web Configuration and login works. sbrio-9637. LV2016. All my drivers are correct. I am having to restart NI-MAX to get the inconsistent IP settings warning to go away. Sometimes it is disconnected until I do "Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery" and then it will be connected, but still no "Add/Remove Software" option to be found.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(861 Views)

My other symptoms were that I could log in on the web configuration tool, but not in NI MAX - log in server not running. Subnet was coming up as 0.0.0.0 and I couldn't change ip. I always had to "Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery" to let it find it then restart MAX to get rid of "Inconsistent IP" warning in MAX and be allowed to change the ip. I could always ping the device.

Anyway, on to the solution for me. I had one other connection still enabled with the same subnet as my sbrio (Blackberry VPN) when I did ipconfig. As soon as I uninstalled Blackberry VPN (to disable the connection) and Cisco VPN, the Software and Devices & Interfaces drop downs appeared under my sbrio remote system in NI-MAX. I hope this saves someone else some trouble or helps the people who work on the inside to understand.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(852 Views)

Hey RJ12,

It might be a good idea to post this as a new topic and reference this forum post to make sure that your post gets visibility.

Cheers,

Ryan C.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(840 Views)